Following my Graphic Design study at St. Joost Academy in ‘s-Hertogenbosch, I worked as a freelance graphic designer for some time. In 2005 I joined DST. I was in for a treat when I was given the task to work on the Football Experience in the city of Middelburg. I should mention that I am not only a football superfan, but Middelburg is also the city where I grew up.
In more than ten years with DST, I was able to develop and design a wide variety of projects. I could now call myself an all-round experience designer with a specialism in youth communication. I think it is always great to have a conversation with young people in our youth panels. To observe how they think, look and talk. In short: to see what makes them tick. I also present my creative work to those panels, and they truly are the strictest judges one can imagine
• Position: senior designer, consultant youth communication
• Skills: concepting, designing, target group and client relations
• Favourite DST project: Football Experience, Van Gogh Church in Etten-Leur, WATT? campaign
• Worth a visit in the Netherlands: Oeteldonk (name given to the city of ‘s-Hertogenbosch during the annual carnival celebrations)
• Worth a visit abroad: Guinness Storehouse, Dublin
• Heroes: Herman Brusselmans, Stefan Sagmeister, Saul Bass, Eric Cartman
• Likes: his family, quality design, stories from the Palm
• Dislikes: ducking for one’s responsibilities
• Education: graphic design, St. Joost Academy, ‘s-Hertogenbosch
• Roots: Zebra (50% from the province of Zeeland, 50% from the province of Brabant)
• Personal favourite: ask the target audienceCame
• Came into this world: 1978
"Design is thinking made visual" - Saul Bass
Ideas generator. Graphic designer. Experience designer. Story collector. Creative strategist. Language innovatorist.